WHO IS THIS FOR:
This course is for advisers with a good understanding of Universal Credit already, looking for the information and tools to deal with the current problem areas.
A basic understanding of UC is assumed i.e. Who has to claim, Monthly Assessment Periods, How UC is assessed.
This training will be mainly case study based – and will be exploring the latest areas where things are going wrong – giving the learners the knowledge and tools they need to put them right!
- Gain an awareness of all the latest problem areas to be looking out for
- Gain the knowledge to avoid things going wrong before they do
- Learn useful tips and tactics to help resolve issues
- Learn about tools and resources that will support you to support your claimants
- Gain extra confidence to advise your claimants when they are having issues with their UC
HOW IS THE COURSE DELIVERED:
This course can be delivered online, or face to face. It is a practical course delivered using a combination of trainer presentation, exercises and cases studies, group discussion, and quizzes.
We advise that this course be delivered over a minimum of 6 hours either as:
- Blended learning - two 3 hour online Workshop, or
- Face-to-face - one full days training.
Click here for more information on pricing.
AFTER THE COURSE:
Learners will receive a copy of the PowerPoint slides, a certificate, and any additional resources such as relevant flowcharts and summary sheets. They will also be asked to complete an evaluation form.
IF BOOKING TO BE DELIVERED ONLINE:
We will be in touch to discuss and finalise the arrangements. Learners will need a good wifi connection and a suitable computer/laptop to access both the training session and a second internet-enabled device such as a tablet or smartphone for joining in any quizzes. In the week of the course, learners will receive an email with a link to the course, as well as a reminder just before the course is due to start.
IF BOOKING FACE TO FACE:
We will be in touch to discuss and finalise the arrangements. We will require a delegate list a week before delivery. It is assumed that you will source and provide a suitable venue taking account of any Covid restrictions in place at the time of delivery.