WHO IS THIS FOR:
An essential course for those working with Universal Credit claimants living in supported housing.
This training is aimed to equip the learners with lots of useful information and practical tips to help claimants living in supported housing deal with the complexities of UC. Aimed specifically at those who work in supported housing. The knowledge gained on this course will help delegates to protect their customers’ UC income and minimise the impact on their rent accounts.
- Gain an understanding of who has to claim UC for housing costs and who Housing Benefit when living is supported housing - what is 'specified accommodation'.
- Gain the knowledge of how UC works for claimants with complex needs
- Gain an understanding of payments, defaults and alternatives
- Gain an understanding of the LCW/LCWRA process
- Gain the confidences to spot and challenge errors
HOW IS THE COURSE DELIVERED:
This course can be delivered online, or face to face. It is a practical course delivered using a combination of trainer presentation, exercises and cases studies, group discussion, and quizzes.
We advise that this course be delivered over a minimum of approx. 6 hours either as:
- Blended learning - one 90 min E-Learning course and two 2.5 hour online Workshops, or
- Face-to-face - one full days training.
Click here for more information on pricing.
AFTER THE COURSE:
Learners will receive a copy of the PowerPoint slides, a certificate, and any additional resources such as relevant flowcharts and summary sheets. They will also be asked to complete an evaluation form.
IF BOOKING TO BE DELIVERED ONLINE:
We will be in touch to discuss and finalise the arrangements. Learners will need a good wifi connection and a suitable computer/laptop to access both the training session and a second internet-enabled device such as a tablet or smartphone for joining in any quizzes. In the week of the course, learners will receive an email with a link to the course, as well as a reminder just before the course is due to start.
IF BOOKING FACE TO FACE:
We will be in touch to discuss and finalise the arrangements. We will require a delegate list a week before delivery. It is assumed that you will source and provide a suitable venue taking account of any Covid restrictions in place at the time of delivery.