WHO IS THIS FOR:
An ideal course for those providing advice or casework to Universal Credit claimants with disabilities/health conditions
UC claimants with a Limited Capability for Work are experiencing a variety of problems. Many are missing out on the benefit / back pay they are entitled to, others are not having their health conditions appropriately taken into account. This training aims to outline how the system should work and the key problems that are arising. It will examine how you can get the best result for your client, giving hints and tips for challenging UC decisions.
- Gain an understanding of which UC claimants can request a WCA but are being refused
- Gain a deeper understanding of the relevant period and when it should start
- Gain the knowledge to spot missing back payments and challenge effectively
- Gain an understanding of the rules around workers with an LCW
- Gain hints and tips around appropriate conditionality
- Gain an understanding of the problem areas for ESA claimants moving to UC
HOW IS THE COURSE DELIVERED:
This course can be delivered online, or face to face. It is a practical course delivered using a combination of trainer presentation, exercises and cases studies, group discussion, and quizzes.
We advise that this course be delivered over a minimum of 6 hours either as:
- Online - two 3 hour on-line Workshops, or
- Face-to-face - one full days training.
Click here for more information on pricing.
AFTER THE COURSE:
Learners will receive a copy of the PowerPoint slides, a certificate, and any additional resources such as relevant flowcharts and summary sheets. They will also be asked to complete an evaluation form.
IF BOOKING TO BE DELIVERED ONLINE:
We will be in touch to discuss and finalise the arrangements. Learners will need a good wifi connection and a suitable computer/laptop to access both the training session and a second internet-enabled device such as a tablet or smartphone for joining in any quizzes. In the week of the course, learners will receive an email with a link to the course, as well as a reminder just before the course is due to start.
IF BOOKING FACE TO FACE:
We will be in touch to discuss and finalise the arrangements. We will require a delegate list a week before delivery. It is assumed that you will source and provide a suitable venue taking account of any Covid restrictions in place at the time of delivery.