WHO IS THIS FOR@
An ideal course for those providing in-depth advice or casework to mixed age couples.
This training will look at the challenges and opportunities for mixed age couples: many could be considerably worse off without the right advice! Aimed at experienced advisers, this course will investigate these complex rules using case studies - examining what options a mixed age couple has to maximise income and avoid preventable loss of income.
- Gain an understanding of what happens to existing legacy benefits upon becoming a mixed age couple
- Gain the knowledge of how Bedroom Tax works for mixed age couples on legacy benefits and on Universal Credit to help challenge decisions
- Gain an understanding of how mixed age couples can maximise their income.
- Gain knowledge about problem areas to look out for
- Gain an understanding of the special rules for pension age Universal Credit claimants on Personal Independence Payment/ Attendance Allowance.
HOW IS THE COURSE DELIVERED?
This course can be delivered online, blended learning, or face to face. It is a practical course delivered using a combination of trainer presentation, exercises and cases studies, group discussion, and quizzes..
We advise that this course be delivered over a minimum of 6 hours either as:
- Online - one 90 minute E-Learning course and two 3 hour online workshops, or
- Face-to-face - one full days training.
Click here for more information on pricing.
AFTER THE COURSE:
Learners will receive a copy of the PowerPoint slides, a certificate, and any additional resources such as relevant flowcharts and summary sheets. They will also be asked to complete an evaluation form.
IF BOOKING TO BE DELIVERED ONLINE:
We will be in touch to discuss and finalise the arrangements. Learners will need a good wifi connection and a suitable computer/laptop to access both the training session and a second internet-enabled device such as a tablet or smartphone for joining in any quizzes. In the week of the course, learners will receive an email with a link to the course, as well as a reminder just before the course is due to start.
IF BOOKING FACE TO FACE:
We will be in touch to discuss and finalise the arrangements. We will require a delegate list a week before delivery. It is assumed that you will source and provide a suitable venue taking account of any Covid restrictions in place at the time of delivery.