WHO IS THIS FOR?
This course is for advisers with a good understanding of Universal Credit already, looking for the information and tools to deal with the current problem areas.
A basic understanding of UC is assumed i.e. Who has to claim, Monthly Assessment Periods, How UC is assessed.
This training will be mainly case study based – and will be exploring the latest areas where things are going wrong – giving the learners the knowledge and tools they need to put them right!
- Gain an awareness of all the latest problem areas to be looking out for
- Gain the knowledge to avoid things going wrong before they do
- Learn useful tips and tactics to help resolve issues
- Learn about tools and resources that will support you to support your claimants
- Gain extra confidence to advise your claimants when they are having issues with their UC
HOW IS THE COURSE DELIVERED?
This course can be delivered online, or face to face. It is a practical course delivered using a combination of trainer presentation, exercises and cases studies, group discussion, and quizzes.
We advise that this course be delivered over a minimum of 6 hours either as:
- Blended learning - two 3 hour online Workshop, or
- Face-to-face - one full days training.
Click here for more information on pricing.
AFTER THE COURSE:
Learners will receive a copy of the PowerPoint slides, a certificate, and any additional resources such as relevant flowcharts and summary sheets. They will also be asked to complete an evaluation form.
IF BOOKING TO BE DELIVERED ONLINE:
We will be in touch to discuss and finalise the arrangements. Learners will need a good wifi connection and a suitable computer/laptop to access both the training session and a second internet-enabled device such as a tablet or smartphone for joining in any quizzes. In the week of the course, learners will receive an email with a link to the course, as well as a reminder just before the course is due to start.
IF BOOKING FACE TO FACE:
We will be in touch to discuss and finalise the arrangements. We will require a delegate list a week before delivery. It is assumed that you will source and provide a suitable venue taking account of any Covid restrictions in place at the time of delivery.