WHO IS THIS FOR?
This course is for anyone working with Universal Credit claimants looking for a greater understanding of conditionality and sanctions - including ensuring the DWP are applying the rules correctly and taking account of complex needs.
The aim of this information-packed training is to review why a claimant may get sanctioned before looking at the impact of sanctions and making sure a claimant commitment is realistic. It will examine the DWP’s duty to make allowances for vulnerable claimants, how long a sanction should last, how and when to challenge one, as well as looking at how to get more details about sanction and hardship payments.
- Gain a full understanding of the claimant commitment/conditionality and what leads to sanctions
- Have discussed ensuring that a claimant's commitment is realistic for then in oder to minimise sanctions.
- Gain the knowledge of how sanctions work and the different levels/periods
- Gain an understanding of what can be done to support a claimant facing financial hardship due to being sanctioned
- Gain the confidence to support claimants to effectively challenge sanctions
HOW IS THE COURSE DELIVERED?
This course can be delivered online, or face to face. It is a practical course delivered using a combination of trainer presentation, exercises and cases studies, group discussion, and quizzes.
We advise that this course be delivered either as:
- Online Workshop - one or two 3 hour online Workshop/s (depending on existing knowledge), or
- Face-to-face - one full days training.
Click here for more information on pricing.
AFTER THE COURSE:
Learners will receive a copy of the PowerPoint slides, a certificate, and any additional resources such as relevant flowcharts and summary sheets. They will also be asked to complete an evaluation form.
IF BOOKING TO BE DELIVERED ONLINE:
We will be in touch to discuss and finalise the arrangements. Learners will need a good wifi connection and a suitable computer/laptop to access both the training session and a second internet-enabled device such as a tablet or smartphone for joining in any quizzes. In the week of the course, learners will receive an email with a link to the course, as well as a reminder just before the course is due to start.
IF BOOKING FACE TO FACE:
We will be in touch to discuss and finalise the arrangements. We will require a delegate list a week before delivery. It is assumed that you will source and provide a suitable venue taking account of any Covid restrictions in place at the time of delivery.