Date: Thursday 16th February 2023 10am-11.30am
Speakers: Peter Barker and Glenys Harriman
Many EEA nationals and their family members (whether EEA nationals or not) are being refused UC
This webinar looked at why they might be refused, and what you can do to help.
Peter explained how those who were living in the UK by the end of 2020, or who have since joined their EEA National family members, are protected under the EU Settlement scheme: Settled and Pre-Settled Status, those awaiting a decision on status, and late applications to the EUSS.
Glenys explored the additional hurdle for those with Pre-Settled Status or a pending application: the Right to Reside test.
It answered questions such as:
- What do these statuses mean for benefit entitlement?
- What questions do we need to ask an EEA National/family member when refused UC?
- What are the “Qualifying Rights to Reside for Benefits Purposes” and how can we ensure someone has one?
- What if they have difficulties providing evidence?
- What can a claimant do if they are told they don’t have a Right to Reside?
An essential webinar for advisers, income teams and anybody who works with EEA Nationals and their family members.