WHO IS THIS FOR?
This course is essential for all staff working with customers of working age to gain a basic understanding of how the Universal Credit works. For those with no or little knowledge.
This training looks at the means-tested top-up benefit Universal Credit. Many claimants are missing out due to the complexities of Universal Credit. This course examines the details of how Universal Credit works highlighting key issues and problem areas. It gives learners the information and tools they need to ensure claimants receive the correct advice, and to help prevent rent arrears.
- Gain an understanding of the basic eligibility criteria for Universal Credit
- Gain an understanding of the claiming process
- Examined when a Universal Credit claim can be backdated
- Be able to explain how Universal Credit is calculated
- Investigated the importance of Monthly Assessment period and time limits for reporting changes in circumstances
- Gain an overview of some of the problem areas when claiming Universal Credit
- Feel better able to advise people when/how to claim Universal credit
HOW IS THE COURSE DELIVERED?
This course can be delivered online, blended learning, or face to face. It is a practical course delivered using a combination of trainer presentation, exercises and cases studies, group discussion, and quizzes.
We advise that this course be delivered over a minimum of 6 hours either as:
- Blended learning - two 90 minute E-Learning courses and one 3 hour on-line Workshop, or
- Face-to-face - one full days training.
Click here for more information on pricing.
AFTER THE COURSE:
Learners will receive a copy of the PowerPoint slides, a certificate, and any additional resources such as relevant flowcharts and summary sheets. They will also be asked to complete an evaluation form.
IF BOOKING TO BE DELIVERED ONLINE:
We will be in touch to discuss and finalise the arrangements. Learners will need a good wifi connection and a suitable computer/laptop to access both the training session and a second internet-enabled device such as a tablet or smartphone for joining in any quizzes. In the week of the course, learners will receive an email with a link to the course, as well as a reminder just before the course is due to start.
IF BOOKING FACE TO FACE:
We will be in touch to discuss and finalise the arrangements. We will require a delegate list a week before delivery. It is assumed that you will source and provide a suitable venue taking account of any Covid restrictions in place at the time of delivery.