Date: Thursday 15th September 10am-11.30am
Guest Speakers: Heidi Trott & Lisa Danby from Shelter
We are delighted to be joined by Heidi and Lisa from Shelter who will give a practical overview of the services available and current housing issues for prisoners.
• Who provides support to prisoners and what’s changed lately
• Tenancy rights for existing property
• Difficulties around communicating/engaging
• Housing issues on release – homeless duty considerations,
prisoners blocked from waiting lists etc
Housing Systems will then outline the benefit rules prisoners.
• An overview of specific ‘prisoner’ rules and when they apply
• Paying the rent - the different 'prisoner' rules for HB and UC
• What happens to different benefits when incarcerated (e.g. PIP, ESA etc)
• Benefit options on release – is UC the only option?
This webinar is aimed at those who support or work with prisoners. It will give the information needed to enable the best outcomes for these customers.