The Social Security (Coronavirus) (Further Measures) Regulations 2020 take effect from 30th March and replace the previous Minimum Income Floor measures announced.
They give the DWP the discretion to:
- Treat a claimant's Minimum Income Floor level as if it was a lower level - including zero
- Delay making a decision on whether a claimant is in gainful self-employment
- Treat a claimant who is in gainful self-employment as not being
- Extend a claimant's start-up period for as long as they consider appropriate, or
- Exempt a claimant from any work search requirement or a work availability requirement who would normally fall in the 'all work-related requirements' conditionality group
This measure will be in place until 12th November 2020.