Housing Systems: Combating poverty and sustaining tenancies.
Support Charges - including Intensive Housing Management
Service charges for Support?

Where a claimant is liable to pay some support related charges they will not be able to get help through a Housing Cost Element in their UC but there is a chance they might be able to claim Supporting People Subsidy, if the Supporting People Team in the local authority still accepts new claims. (Note that many have cut back their supporting people payments considerably).

What for?
The support charges that Supporting People Subsidy can cover can include the cost of a Service Support Officer / Scheme Manager in a sheltered property, and the cost of a social alarm.

How much?

If help is available, although unlikely, the Supporting People Subsidy Team in the Local Authority might decide to passport a Universal Credit claimant to full help.

More likely is that the claimant will have to be assessed under a "Fairer Charging Scheme" - which is a financial assessment looking at their income and expenses to see if they need help.

More information here.

Ooops – not logged in?
Looks like you need to log in.
(If you’ve forgotten your login please email us at info@housingsystems.co.uk)

Just visiting?
If you’d like to see the information on this page, and discover all the other useful tools we offer, you’ll need to be registered member.

If you’d like a free, no obligation 2 week trial just email us - info@housingsystems.co.uk.

Find out more about the trial and services we offer here.

We’d love to hear from you.






Useful Tools